BuddyPress + WP-e-Commerce

These plugins are no longer updated, they have been EOL’d for some time.

With BuddyPress becoming more and more popular its about time we made public and freely available a Plugin that we made a long time ago.

So here we have this fine new Plugin which offers integration between your store and your BuddyPress community.
So what does it offer so far?

Integration between your user profile fields and checkout form.

Select which BuddyPress user profile fields corresponds with your checkout unique names and every time a user goes through to the checkout their data will be automatically populated from their profile information!

Create a Store Page for your groups

Do you have a category of shop products that would interest members of a particular group?

With this Plugin you can create a group store page that shows all your products from a particular category to members of that group. Great way to direct market your products!

And of course its pretty easy to use…

Installing this plugin

To install this Plugin just upload it to the Plugins directory and activate it through the WordPress Plugin menu, you will need BuddyPress and WP-e-Commerce 3.7 (Currently not supported on WPEC 3.8).

Once installed and activated you will have a BuddyPress menu under your store menu,  use this to turn on your features.

Create your custom profile fields in the BuddyPress > profile field setup you can now link these to the unique names been used on your checkout page.

To add a group store page simply create a new group and choose the group store options you want to use for your page.

And there you have it! The functionality is pretty limited right now but that means plenty of room for features! So what we need from you is IDEAS!! What would you like to see added to this plugin?

» Download BuddyPress for WP e-Commerce «

25 Comments

1. Ideas:

Instead of having products available within a group, how about having to purchase a product to access a group?

concept:
    Each group represents a product for sale. Once a person has purchased ‘access to the group’ then I can use that group forum/blog/etc for support to members who payed to access the group.

If I am selling digital downloads, then the group can easily provide access to the download, group members only, and also provide a members only product support avenue, i.e. group forums….

2. Hey Shawn. Nice thinking, that’s a cool idea and probably not hard to check for the condition.

What do you think Mychelle? And anybody else for that matter…

3. Where can I see the demo site for this buddypress and wp-e-commerce plugin?

4. Now THAT is cool. I like shawn’s suggestion. Not sure what use I’d have for this yet, but it’s neat conceptually! Speaking of social, I’d definitely like to see a Facebook business page tab store. That’d be useful.

5. Good plugin, but when it will be available for WPEC 3.8 ?

6. It’s a great plugin. Thank you very much.
    My question is that, is it possible to display the user’s purchase activity in Buddypress’ activity steam?

7. I love Shawn’s idea and would definitely use it! I would like to have ppl buy access to certain information that you don’t want your whole community to access. Please, I fully support such a function.

8. I just want to follow up on the demo page. We’re thinking of creating a buddy press integrated with WordPress e-commerce.

9. oh I’ve been waiting for something like this…

I’ve been wanting to use buddypress to create a maketplace (like etsy).

Therefore, I’d *LOVE* the ability for each user to setup their own paypal and products. I’d love to have a tab on the profile page that’s something like “Products” and it will list all the products that user owns.

It would also be great if the admin could take a percentage for each transaction but that might be a ways off :)

Thanks guys! Excited about this!!

• Total +1. This functionality would be fantastic. There are many many people in the service industry that could use ‘product’ extension.

10. Second Mel. Would want the ability for each user to setup their own products page, or say the ability for each user to upload products they wanna sell, and it is then displayed at a common page.

Thanks

11. The member being able to setup their own store profile page amazing but have a separate page like a personel page for friends a business page attached to the company page of the company they work for and a store page but has links to there employers page or there business page or even personnel with setting to control this obviously but they pit up products on the pages and have there own groups that they can market too and even when you have side bar advertising instead of traffic navigating away from your page which you don’t want it has a link to There store or company page with the whole run down of payment options products prices etc make this someone that can code and I’ll pay you to do it $100 an hour willing to pay ” show me the money” lol

12. Awesome Buddypress integration… I am keen to use this if there could be front end product entry from buddypress. The product would be listed as owned by that user profile and could be categorized within the buddypress group tab… that would create what Mel was talking about. A marketplace based on WPEC would be cool.

Please reply if you are a DEV keen to build on to this plugin.

Cheers

Johnny

13. Know what the, the payment?Sounds of Drum, price on your.As help an, Americans The attraction.The comforter sets e-commerce support, job of the of the musculoskeletal.Course; but the, orange These cacti.,

14. Is this plugin working? I can’t get it to work with buddypress 1.5, wp e-commerce 3.7 and wordpress 2.8 – if you have gotten it to work, what versions did you have?

15. A great plugin. Thank you very much.

How to allows group admins post products and create categories on his group, ideas?

Thanks.

16. Many thanks for the plugin but i can’t get it work for groups on buddypress 1.5.3 any clue?

17. Individual or group product pages would be great. Integrating purchase history, download links, etc into bp profile section or at least auto adding links to the user_log would be perfect.

18. Is there a support forum for this? It’s not working for me 😦

19. Yeah not working for me either :(? Looks Like a cool Plugin. I’d Love to be able to use it.

20. Please, is this plugin compatible with the latest wp e-commerce. I just installed it, but could not locate the settings for configuration. Am using the latest version of wp e-commerse(3.9.1)

• These plugins are no longer updated, they have been EOL’d for some time.

Submit a Comment