Changes in Product Licensing/Support

As of today, we have implemented a new licensing system. Since the new licensing system has been enabled, old API Keys are no longer compatible with the new licenses. We recognize this is an inconvenience. However, we will do our best to make sure you still have access to past download files and access to our support system.

What Has Changed?

The new support system no longer requires what was known as a Support Token and will only validate the license. All new licenses are valid for 1 year from the time of purchase. In that time you get unrestricted access to support and to plugin updates. Old API keys that are expired (over 1 year old since purchase) can no longer be used and for that reason we will offer you a coupon so that you can purchase a new license key at a discounted price.

From now on if you require Premium Support you can do that by going to the Your Account page and using the Support tab. You will need to enter your License key when creating a new support request which will be validated. If it fits in the 1 Year free support time frame since the date of purchase then your support request will be sent to us.

Also on the user account page you will be able to view all your current licenses and their status and expiration date. Each product (built by WP eCommerce) purchased from our website will receive 1 License key which you will need to post new support requests.

Gold Cart and other plugins

Until now we required users to enter an API Key and Name to register Gold Cart’s premium functions on your store. With the release of 2.9.10 for Gold Cart the features are enabled as soon as you activate the plugin.

For the rest of the plugins which are made by WP eCommerce they will provide a License key during purchase which you can use for support and to receive plugin updates.

WP eCommerce 3.11 changes.

Under Dashboard we had a page called Store Upgrades. We have renamed that page to WPeC Licensing.

This new page will only show a box where you can enter your License and register or reset it from the current URL. Once you register the license for each product that offers one you will receive automatic plugin updates via the Plugins page. Each license validates against the plugin it was generated for. For example you will not receive plugin updates for Plugin X if you registered on the WPeC Licensing page a license for Plugin Y. Each plugin checks for its own license and show updates if available.

You will also be able to see some information about the License like Expiration date and product its linked for just like in the User Account page on our website.

What about old API Key users ?

We have built a page on which you will be able to verify your current API status. Click Here

If your API Key fits in the 1 Year since purchase it will allow you to download the latest Gold Cart version on that page and also you CAN use it to post Premium Support requests until its valid period is up. Since they are not compatible with the new Licenses after expiration you will have to purchase a product to receive a brand new License.

If your API Key is expired already you will receive a coupon code for a discount in the purchase of a new product from our website.

15 Comments

1. What are the details of the grandfathering? It is not clear from the post.

2. I am only selling digital downloads and I can’t get the state tax feature to work. Help!

3. I updated an older website and the api key didnt come through and the gold cart lost its authorize.net settings. The owner of the website cant locate the original login info for the purchase to locate update the api. an you lookup http://noodleheadsprinkler.com/ and resend the api key so we can have a functional cart again. I wish you had a support ticket system. I hardly think its appropriate to contact you here, but I don’t see another option. Thank you.

• I also have a db dump if you can tell me what table the api is in I may be able to fish it out.

• I can’t find any API based on the domain. Can he look under the Store Upgrades page to see if it has been entered ?
      We do have a support ticket system https://wpecommerce.org/store/your-account/

• Thanks for the reply – I didnt receive any notice that it was answered.

I would use the support system but cant find the email that was used for the purchase. The owner passed away and things have been a train wreck. Maybe the original domain of noodlehead-sprinkler.com (note the hyphen) may turn something up. I did see an API key entered in the fields many moons ago, and they did have the gold cart running because they have been accepting payments using authorize.net, which to my understanding is only available to gold cart purchasers. Thank you for your help.

• Maybe I should clarify. There was an API in the fields, but on the update it removed them, and removed the auth.net plugin/extension as well.

• Can you remember maybe the name that was used during the purchase ? I can’t find an API based on the domain noodlehead-sprinkler.com

4. I’m trying to make a purchase but the website has no place to enter card information and no one is getting back to me.

• Hey Chris,
      Our website uses PayPal for payments. Are you having an issue during checkout ?

5. Is you Live Chat working? I left two offline messages, since the live chat is offline but never received an email about it.

6. Hi,

I can’t find any documentation on user roles product manager or store manger. Doing a search for roles in your documentation gets nada. Could you confirm whether Store Manager or Product Manager has rights to create/edit/delete coupons. Thanks. I have Gold Cart installed.

Cheers,
    Tracy

7. I bought the product in Juli 2015 but no License Key is given?

I need support

• Hey Maurice,
      Can you hop on chat (bottom right popup) and i’l get you sorted.
      Mihai

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Weekly Roundup: November 6, 2015 – Sell with WP - […] with this release, WP eCommerce has also updated their pricing and licensing structure to adopt the very comment “one…

Submit a Comment