Back in late 2009, and under instruction from our friend Jane Wells from Automattic the Instinct team set off to make a small Ticketing Plugin for WordCamp New York, we called this TikiPress. Unfortunately due to the time restraints that were put in place (out of our control) we had to rush it out the door – sadly this meant that we had to write some nasty hacks to get the job done on time – therefore V1 wasn’t solid like a rock. But now things have changed. TikiPress is a whole new beast.
A year on we have pretty much entirely re-written this Plugin. Our friend Paul Gibbs, a core BuddyPress contributor, helped us rewrite the core of our Plugin, added the ability to email tickets to attendees and added BuddyPress profile integration.
At this point we took over and we’ve added Ticket / Badge creation, Event Statistics and much more.
TikiPress Feature Overview
TikiPress is by far the most advanced Ticketing Plugin available for WordPress. Not only does it integrate with EventPress and BuddyPress but it comes with all the features that come with WP e-Commerce Plugin specifically designed to help you sell online. So whether you want to sell different types of tickets (Early Bird vs Late Comer), whether you want to accept donations, whether you want to sell sponsorhip packages, and whether you want to sell Event Merchandise TikiPress is for you. Here are just some of the features you’ll be able to benefit from:
- Collect payments for your event
- Set attendance limits / Ticket stock
- Collect attendee data on the Checkout Page via the TikiPress Survey Tool
- Collect Statistics about your event and monitor your ticket sales
- If a person buys more then 1 ticket (say 10 tickets), rather then completing 10 surveys for each Attendee, the buyer simply enters the email address for each additional Attendee. Each Attendee is then emailed a redemption coupon that they can use to complete / claim their ticket and enter their attendee date which is saved to their BuddyPress profile (awesome feature designed by Jeffry Ghazally & Jane Wells).
- Display an Attendee Page that integrates with Gravatars on your site. Simply add the Shortcode for an event to any WordPress page or post and it will create a page that looks like this example.
- TikiPress creates an Attendee stats page for administrators on an Event by Event basis.
- TikiPress creates an Attendee List PDF generator, this is new page accessible to Event Managers that they can use to create a list that they can use on the day to strike off Attendees as they arrive to your Event.
- TikiPress creates custom PDF badges and tickets for your event.
Some TikiPress Screenshots