Editor’s Note: This is a guest post from our friend Jake, over at Segment.io. Our lead developer, Justin Sainton, has partnered with them to build the Segment WordPress plugin. We’re proud to partner with innovative companies like Segment to build out innovative WP eCommerce integrations. Off to you, Jake.
If you’ve ever wondered about how people are moving through your store and how to improve it, you’re going to be excited about the latest WP eCommerce plugin – Segment. Segment is a single platform that integrates more than 100 analytics and marketing tools with the flick of a switch. With the Segment plugin, you can install tools like Google Analytics Ecommerce, Facebook Ads, and Bronto with zero code and zero developer costs. Without Segment, a developer could spend couple of weeks installing each one.
It’s incredibly easy for WP eCommerce users to get started with Segment. In fact, once you activate both plugins and enter your API key, you don’t have to do anything else. Your most important ecommerce analytics events will be tracked automatically, and you can install any marketing or analytics tool you want to try with the flick of a switch.
Here’s how it works:
- Turn on the Segment plugin and drop in your API key
- Go to the Segment dashboard, toggle on any tool you want to try and drop in your account credentials
- Segment automatically tracks important visitor actions like viewing products, adding products to carts, and completing purchases
- Segment reformats and routes this data to each tool you’ve switched on
So… why is this important? It’s pretty simple. If you understand how people use your store, you can improve it for the better. Then, you can drive more visitors to your site and sell more products. Here are a few examples of what you can do with Segment:
- Create a conversion funnel to see what percent of your homepage visitors complete a purchase (with KISSmetrics, Amplitude or Mixpanel)
- Send personalized emails to customers that have left items in their carts (with Customer.io, Bronto, or Klaviyo)
- Retarget visitors with ads featuring their favorite products (with Perfect Audience, Adroll and Facebook Audiences)
- Easily fire ad conversion pixels without adding new code to your site (with Facebook Conversion Pixels and Twitter Ad Conversions)
Special thanks to Justin for helping us build the Segment plugin! If you have a question, post it in the comments. I’m happy to help.